When do I start my logbook if got travel allowance halfway through year?

Hi Tim, I get a travel allowance but however I started receiving it in June, but always had used the car since the month of April! So when do I start the date of my logbook for efiling?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 September 2013 at 12:53

You would use the logbook from the first day you received a travel allowance as this is when you are going to claim a reduction in the taxes paid for the business use, and that is the date that SARS requires proof of your business trips for.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.