What to bring when going to get my tax number?

I have to go and get my tax number, what should I come with eg: ID etc

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 May 2013 at 11:10

You should take along your ID, a bank letter confirming your bank account which must be stamped by the bank and if you have it your latest payslip or IRP5 from your employer.

Mr x says:
22 May 2013 at 22:54

Thanks for the response it helped. Can you please brief me on what is SARS all about, do I gain, employer or government?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 May 2013 at 10:45

SARS is the South African Revenue Service, they are the collector of taxes on behalf of the government. Government uses these taxes to pay for social services and to basically run the government and country. So your employer pays over most of your taxes on your behalf and the government spends it on the people of SA.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.