New to tax, what taxes must I pay and how?


I'm new to the tax paying thing, and want to know, I have just started working earning R17000 and want to know what taxes my work should be paying and what I have to pay or submit or.... with the help of Tim of course :-)



This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
5 September 2013 at 0:42

Are you earning R17 000 per month or per annum?

Pascal says:
5 September 2013 at 17:58

Per month

TaxTim TaxTim says:
5 September 2013 at 21:40

Your employer will withhold PAYE and UIF and pay this over to SARS and the Department of Labour on your behalf. They will issue you with a document called an IRP5 next year around June which is a summary of your payslips for the current tax year which runs from March to February each year. You will need to file a tax return once tax filing season opens next year July for the 2014 tax year (March 12 - Feb 2014) so you don't need to do anything just yet!

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.