What is the amount needed for a tax number to be required to pay out a lump sum?

I was approached by the defense force about a sum of money they need to pay out to me. What is the amount that you need to get a tax number for the sum to be paid?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 October 2013 at 22:52

You can get a SARS tax number without having to have a particular amount. Click on the link to download the form and instructions on how to complete it.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.