What about amounts not covered by medical aid?

Is the Benefit of R 21783.00 to be declared and how to I do it?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
18 June 2013 at 9:22

You cannot claim medical deductions for the amounts covered by the medical aid. On your ITR12 you would include the unclaimed benefit - the R51 268.56 less the R21 783 as part of expenses not covered by medical aid.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.