Wear and tear and petrol claim on my ITR12?

Can I claim for wear and tear on my vehicle even though I am an employee and work at the office from 9 to 5 daily? Can I also claim for petrol and if so how would I calculate this?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
12 November 2014 at 21:46

No you cannot, this must be for work purposes only - driving to work and back does not qualify.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.