Voluntary sequestration and eFiling profile

Premesh says:
28 April 2020 at 23:04

I just had my voluntary sequestration of estate approved by the high court on the 24th of March 2020 and I now need a new tax number. SARS say I can do that through SARS eFiling and I would like to know how I can do this? The problem I have experienced with trying to register a new SARS eFiling profile is that after I input my name and ID number the system tells me to login with my existing profile number.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
29 April 2020 at 8:48

You can register a new SARS eFiling profile and during this process SARS should issue you a new tax number. This is because your SARS eFiling profile is linked to your ID number. However, it sounds like you will only get a tax reference number when you physically go into a SARS branch and apply for a new tax number. Please just ensure that you take your documents with you when you do visit the branch. Please take a look at our blog here: How to get a tax number 

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.