Tax refund query?

Last year I worked for the education in the Eastern Cape, the grade 12 marking project. 25%( R1400 ) of my salary was deducted and reportedly paid to the Receiver of Revenue. I was later informed to collect the IRP5 and claim the amount with SARS hence I am not a taxpayer because I'm not working. I would like to execute the claim but my problem is that I'm in Cape Town. I was assuming that my previous employer will do the eFiling process and receive the SMS from SARS for bank details confirmation. Can I claim the amount using Cape Town SARS offices?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 June 2013 at 23:12

Yes you can, what would be easier though would be to go online and do it all through eFiling or using our service.

Obtain a tax number

SARS eFiling

Lennox says:
1 July 2013 at 9:46

Referring to my previous question. Does the eFiling require me to be in possession of the IRP5(hard copy)?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 July 2013 at 10:43

Your IRP5 may be on eFiling already, or you could request the IRP5 to be sent to you from the education department. If the IRP5 is already on eFiling then you will not need the physical copy in your possession..

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.