Tax number for a retired person with Residence Permit?

How can I get a Tax number in SA when I don't have an income in SA?I have some interest income from my bank in my origin country, they claim I need a tax number in SA.How can I register to get that?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 May 2013 at 10:27

You can apply for a tax number in SA without earning income.

Please click on the link below and follow our easy guide on how to obtain a tax number:

Obtain a SARS Tax Number

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.