Registering for tax - Non resident

Penny says:
14 July 2015 at 14:39

I am a South African living in the UK for the past 17 years. I have an Old Mutual policy which has matured and Old Mutual require an active tax no. I have called SARS who have said I need to register at a tax office in SA. Are you able to advise if there is an easier way to register, as my next visit to SA is only planned for January next year.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
14 July 2015 at 15:29

Unfortunately there isn't an easier way, only a taxpayer can register themselves in person with SARS for a number.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.