Own Business Permit as Foreign National?

I have just been granted a Life Partnership Visa with Own Business Permit. This will allow me to contract myself out to employers. What tax form do I fill in? What information is needed? How do I pay tax if I invoice a company? And will I be taxed the same as if I was employed by the company?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 May 2013 at 20:37

You would need to complete an IT77 Income Tax Registration Form - Obtain a SARS Tax Number

If you invoice a company they will probably keep back about 25% before paying you the money. This they will hand over to SARS. At the end of the tax year you will complete and submit an ITR12 Income Tax Return and show all your income. If you still have to pay tax on the difference because you are over the tax threshold then SARS will let you know.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.