Owing R13 540 to SARS?

I`ve just submitted my return and I received ITA34 saying I owe R13 540. When rechecking my return, I noticed that I didn't capture my annual PAYE tax on the required field. Is it possible for me to request a new return, correct the error and resubmit?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 July 2013 at 23:38

Yes, on the income tax working page under the return you can click, 'request correction' this will reissue the return and you resubmit with the correct information.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.