Only worked for 2 months in the tax year - do I get tax back?

I started working in South Africa at the end of the 2011-2012 tax year (started Jan 2012). As this was my only earning during the tax year will i get this tax back?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 February 2013 at 17:16

If you earned more than the tax threshold when the months were multiplied by 12 then you will get some of the tax back that you paid.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.