I'm earning above the tax threshold and have not submitted tax returns.

Posted 22 November 2012 under Tax Q&A
How do I go about avoiding penalties? Do I just submit for this year on e-filing or do I apply for the VDP to avoid penalties?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 November 2012 at 12:11

If you haven't received a penatly notice yet then submit all your returns before the deadline tomorrow and you should be safe. I wouldn't advise going through the VDP program as this usually deals with very serious tax matters and could be expensive and take a lot of time to apply for.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →