If you work for only two months does it count as your yearly income?

If you have worked only two months in the year (Jan and Feb 2014). And your employer deducted the full amount of PAYE as if you were working for the full 12 months, Will you be refunded the full amount of PAYE paid over to SARS as your Yearly income for 2014 is well below the threshold? Or does SARS allocate the income proportionately?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
14 July 2014 at 17:12

Yes, you will be refunded the full amount as you overpaid tax given you were below the threshold.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.