If we run a Club does the Secretary who would earn a remuneration have to pay PAYE?

We are running a Club that purchases and sells to its members training material and then registers their students when the course is successfully completed. We have Lady that does all the admin etc. She gets paid a "salary" do we have to register her for UIF and PAYE?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 June 2013 at 20:27

Yes you would have to register her for PAYE and UIF if she earns enough. For PAYE she would have to earn over R67 111 per annum.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.