I have started working in July 2011 and tax is deducted in my salary. Will I get my tax money back?

As I was not supplied with the IRP5 and just got it this month. Will I get all my money back as this is the third year without claiming the money?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
11 July 2013 at 19:31

You will only get money back if you have other deductions such as medical aid, retirement annuity, donations to charities or income protection that your employer does not pay for. If you do then this will reduce your over all tax owed and therefore will result in a refund to you of some of the tax already paid.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.