I have not kept a logbook but I can almost accurately estimate total business travel, what can I do?

Travel allowance can you help with retrospective reconstruction of log book and how much is the service?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
1 July 2013 at 9:02

Unless you have a detailed logbook in some format, even Excel, to prove to SARS your business mileage traveled you will not be able to enter these amounts in your ITR12 - Income Tax Return.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.