Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

I forgot my tax number, how do I get it urgently

Q: I forgot my tax number; how do I get it urgently?

A: You can usually find your tax number on you IRP5 or payslip from your employer. If your tax number is not on those documents or if you are self-employed you can also phone SARS on 0800 00 7277 to check or you can request it online by following these steps: 

  1. Visit the SARS website.
  2. On the top menu bar, click on "Contact Us".
  3. Click on the "Request your Tax number"
  4. Complete the form and choose "What's My Tax Number" as the query type
  5. SARS will send you your tax number, if they were able to verify your credentials.

If you have not registered, then you can do so on eFiling or at a branch. For More info on how to find or apply for a tax number visit out guide here How to get my tax number 

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.