I earned less than R120 000, can I still submit a tax return?

Can I file a return? I have no deductions or supplementary income. If I submit the return will I stand to get any refunds? Can I also register for a tax number without going into a branch?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 July 2012 at 20:37

You don't have to file a return if for the 2012 tax year you earned less than R150 000, but you most definitely can submit a return. If you didn't work the whole period from 1 March 2011 to 29 February 2012 then you may be entitled to a refund or depending on what your income is. If you look at your IRP5 that your employer gave you, the PAYE should be around R10 825, if it is very different then you should probably submit your return.

You don't need to go into a branch to register for a tax number. Register on www.taxtim.com and follow the prompts or go directly to https://www.taxtim.com/za/get-a-tax-number.php and download the form and follow the instructions.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.