Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

I contribute towards my daughters studies at the university, can I claim this as a tax deduction fro

My daughter is studying part-time to complete her degree at the university.
She has a temp job as a teacher at a primary school and earns a small salary.
I pay the University fees. Can I claim this from SARS?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
24 June 2013 at 23:01

Unfortunately personal expenses cannot be claimed as a tax deduction.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.