I am a reserve soldier and only recieve a salary when I am working

I am a reserve soldier, so I only get paid my salary when I am camping. Hence I have trouble answering this provisional question.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
3 November 2012 at 18:00

As a reserve soldier do you receive a document called an IRP5 at the end of the year from armed forces unit you work for? Do you also have a regular day job?

You can try my simple Q&A chat to help decide if you are provisional or not: https://www.taxtim.com/za/am-i-a-provisional-taxpayer.php

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.