Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

How do you get a practitioner number and how many days do you have to receive it?

Are you required to have a qualification to have it and if it does what are the requirements?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 February 2013 at 15:52

In order to be a practitioner you have to be registered with a body such as SAICA, SAIT and be a Chartered Accountant or qualified lawyer. SARS are in the middle of defining exactly what the new requirements are, but you can go to www.sars.gov.za and download the registration form.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.