Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

How do I reflect UIF payouts as an income on my tax return?

I lost my job and had to claim unemployment for a few months. I then recieved an income after that but need to reflect my UIF on my tax return as my return currently shows a negative income after pension etc.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
21 November 2012 at 22:22

You do not pay tax on UIF amounts received so won't need to include these amounts on your return. It is specifically exempt under the tax act and not subject to tax!

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.