How do I get a tax number?

I just got employed and my salary per annum will be R58 200, should I register? I have heard that if your salary is less than R60 000,you do not pay tax.

Your Answer will be greatly appreciated.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
26 June 2013 at 21:10

If you are earning less than R67 111 per annum then you do not need to pay tax, however some places like banks ask for a tax number so it is always worth registering.

Obtain a SARS tax number

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.