How do I find out if I'm registered with SARS or not?

My previous employer said that I did not earn enough to register for tax, but there were some forms that I filled in from SARS so I just need to find out if I am registered or not. My current employer want's my Tax no.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
18 January 2013 at 20:01

You can retrieve your tax number by phoning 0800 00 7277. Have your ID number with you as well.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.