How do I deduct for donations made to a NGO?

I make regular donations to a registered NGO - can I deduct this from my personal income tax (under contributions) and what source code should I use?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
12 November 2012 at 20:44

You can deduct these donations, you would declare this under the "other deductions section" on your income tax return ITR12 under donations. Remember to keep the NGO certificates if SARS asks for them.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.