How do I create a new eFiling account?

My IRP5 had incorrectly been issued on my late husband's tax reference number. I had used this number to create an e-filing account. The reference number has since been sorted out at a SARS branch but not on e-filing. How to I change the tax reference number that my e-filing account is registered with?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
22 October 2012 at 13:18

You should be able to change the registered tax number by going to the 'Home' tab and the 'request tax type button' and either changing or requesting a new registration. Failing that you will need to either phone the eFiling call centre or go into a branch to make the change.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.