How could someone claim his money spent on training or studies?

Mongo Leon says:
4 July 2015 at 8:59

Is there any way that I can claim my studies expenses through tax return?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 July 2015 at 12:22

Unfortunately not, these are personal expenses which are not tax deductible. The money spent is preparing you to earn income, not a direct part of earning that income so it is not claimable.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.