Hi Tim, I was so stressed and looking for answers and thankfully I came across your site! Thank you

I have submitted my tax return 2013 and also 2010. I have been selected for audit by SARS and they now supporting documents. The thing is, when I request my IRP5 for 2010 from our bookkeeper, she sends me my 2011 return and I have filed my 2010 return (on the eFiling) with my 2011 return details it seems. How can I correct this? Am I in trouble with SARS? Please advise.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
12 July 2013 at 20:11

Thanks for the compliment!

You can request a correction and resubmit your return on eFiling by clicking the "request correction" button below the ITR12 where you did your return. There you can change your return to the correct information.

Just check that the tax years are correct. A tax year runs from 1 March to 28 February. So for 2011 the tax year would be 1 March 2010 to 28 February 2011.

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.