Help with past tax returns

Posted 25 April 2017 under Tax Q&A
Riza says:
25 April 2017 at 8:23

I've been working for the past 5 years and have never claimed back tax. I have all my IRP5 certificates since I started working. I have no travel allowance, I usually pay for everything with my own finances. I'm registered for tax with SARS, but I'm not sure if I'm registered on SARS eFiling.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 April 2017 at 11:02

Kindly call SARS and ask them to check which tax returns you're required to submit then Register for TaxTim and SARS eFiling (How to register for SARS eFiling) and start completing your tax returns on our system.
You're unfortunately not able to claim a tax deduction for travel expenses you incurred as you don't receive a travel allowance

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →