Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Employer that didn't register me for tax?

I have been working for my current employer for a few years now already and she has not registered me for tax. I earn about R84 000 a year excluding any commissions I might get during each month ranging anywhere from R1500 - R3000. What procedure can I follow in order to get my TAX number? and will I be penalized for her having not registered me for so long? I was not so clued up on the income TAX requirements until recently.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 December 2012 at 13:21

Sue, first thing you would need to do is register with SARS for a tax number - go to

https://www.taxtim.com/za/get-a-tax-number.php and follow the simple instructions.

Your employer would have been paying over PAYE for you so the tax most likely has already been paid. However your returns will have been outstanding so I suggest registering ASAP and submitting your returns once you have a tax number. When you do have your tax number, register and login to our service at TaxTim.com and I will help you through each step.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.