Double pay on tax to SARS?

Koos says:
30 March 2015 at 10:45

I'm on contract at a certain company. They say, because I am not a fulltime/permanent employee my tax I pay per month is higher then those that are permanent employed. My Q is though if they subtract from my salary R500 for tax and should actually be R250 if I was permanent employed, will I get the difference of "R250 x (the months worked)" when I do my returns at SARS?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 March 2015 at 17:27

You will get the difference in tax you overpaid back from SARS when you file a return each year if too much was taken off as PAYE.

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.