Does home loan interest charged effect my tax?

Posted 31 October 2012 under Tax Q&A
I received a tax certificate from my bank showing the amount of interest charged on my home loan. Wherehow do I enter this on SARS eFiling?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 November 2012 at 21:42

You cannot claim the interest paid on your personal home loan as a deduction as this is not related to earning income and is of a personal nature.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →