Does home loan interest charged affect my tax?

Posted 31 October 2012 under Tax Q&A
I received a tax certificate from my bank showing the amount of interest charged on my home loan. Where or how do I enter this on SARS eFiling?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 February 2013 at 17:26

You cannot deduct home loan interest unless it for business purposes.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →