Currencies Trading Income - What Tax due

Ernest says:
25 January 2016 at 5:51

If I trade forex currencies with a broker, for a income every month, what type of tax do I pay?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 January 2016 at 9:01

You would still pay normal income tax based on the same tables as a salaried employee.

Ernest says:
25 January 2016 at 9:35

Very helpful thanks for your input,
thought it falls under provincial tax.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
25 January 2016 at 9:40

You would still need to register as a Provisional Taxpayer which you would need to do - please read our article on What is Provisional Tax? How and when?

Get FREE Help with your Tax Return today from

TaxTim's award-winning tax return services are now free to all Momentum policyholders and Multiply clients:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.