Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Claim for nursing home?

Busisiwe says:
22 January 2017 at 18:11

I pay the nursing home my old aged father stays at, can I claim this expense on my return as he is my dependent on my medical aid?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 January 2017 at 13:03

You can capture this expense under additional medical expenses on your tax return. Kindly reopen the tax return and navigate to the medical section and add this amount in the out of pocket expenses section.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.