Can i register my daughter as a taxpayer for being a freelance artist?

My daughter is 15 year old. She wants to be registered with an agent for possible work as an actor.
They require a tax number. She needs to be registered as a freelance worker. Can I register her on my easyfile (I use it for a company). If not, how do I do it? Do we have to submit tax returns every year?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
2 April 2013 at 12:56

Unfortunately you won't be able to register for a tax number on easyfile, but follow this link to help you register your daughter. You will have to submit tax returns each year if she is earning above the tax threshold.

click here

TaxTim is FREE for all Momentum & Multiply members.

Use your ID number at the payment step to claim your free TaxTim voucher

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Get started FREE

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.