Can I have two tax numbers?

I have been working for a company from July 2007 - up to date. Another company also want me to help them out. Can I use the same Tax Number and how do we work out the Tax?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
24 January 2013 at 18:28

Are you referring to your personal tax or the tax of the company? Your personal tax number will always remain the same regardless of who you work for.

Blondy says:
25 January 2013 at 7:54

I actually need to know - can I work for 2 campies at the same time?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 January 2013 at 11:48

Yes you can, provided your two employers allow you to do so. From a tax perspective it does not matter, just as long as you declare the income from both companies.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.