Do your Tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  More info   T&C's apply

Can I get a copy of my IRP5 form online?

FoxeyT says:
30 March 2022 at 3:42

Where else besides from my employer can I obtain an IRP5 form? I no longer have the one I received.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
30 March 2022 at 17:09

If your IRP5 is no longer available to you, you can try to retrieve the document on your SARS efiling profile. Step 1: Log in to SARS efiling, Step 2: Select returns issued (to the left) Step 3: Select Personal income tax (ITR12) on the drop-down, Step 4: Select the already requested tax year on the list (Open) OR select the tax year on the top right and request the return, then open. The IRP5 should have been submitted to SARS (this is done by your employer ) and should be populated on the tax return.

If it is not there, please select the Refresh data button, tick the IRP5 data box and then select OK. Your return will then be updated with the latest SARS information. If the IRP5 is still not available you will need to check your bank statements and payslips in order to recreate your annual salary information to declare to SARS in your Tax Return. Please keep all supporting documents to send to SARS.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.