Can I claim my child's university fees and the domestic worker's fee of R150 once a week?

I'd like to find out if I can I claim my child's university fees?Also can I claim the amount I pay to our domestic worker who comes in once a week at a rate of R150.00?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
12 September 2013 at 12:23

Unfortunately not. These are personal expenses and not related to income earning activities.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.