Can I claim for tax return?

I am paying a medical aid for my self and my son, I earn only R40 000 pa, can I also get something from SARS and how do I go about doing that I already got a certificate from my medical scheme.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
20 June 2013 at 12:18

You won't be able to claim for the medical aid as you are below the tax threshold already. A medical aid claim only reduces the tax payable and because you don't pay any tax there would be nothing to reduce unfortunately.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.