Can dependent claim Medical Aid portion they pay?

Craig says:
27 July 2015 at 8:21

If my spouse pays her portion of the Medical Aid (and half of our child's medical aid), can she claim this back from SARS, even though I am the Main Member? Obviously when I submit my tax return it would be less this portion.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 July 2015 at 4:14

No unfortunately you would have to claim this as you are the main member, but the tax benefit would be the same regardless of who pays for it.

TaxTim can help you file your Tax return!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.