Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Apply RA tax deductible to provisional tax payment or get a refund after the final tax submission

Crowe says:
14 February 2016 at 11:07

I am a provisional tax payer and contributing the maximum allowed deductible to an RA (15% of non-retirement funding income). I would like to know whether I can deduct this from the taxable income myself for the provisional tax payment, meaning I pay less to SARS now and do not get a refund later, or whether I should pay tax on the full income without deducting the RA deductible and then get a refund from SARS later on? If I have a choice, I would prefer not overpaying taxes to SARS and aim for a zero refund (or additional pay-in) to SARS with the final submission.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
15 February 2016 at 13:55

You can deduct it now when calculating your provisional tax.
Please read our blog on What is Provisional Tax? How and when?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.