Switch to TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

An accountant submitted wrong information to SARS on my behalf

Vasy says:
23 February 2016 at 15:10

Hi, an accountant submitted my tax returns from 2009 to 2011, and when I found another job in 2012. I requested her to submit in 2012 and she refused. I submitted it by myself with help from SARS consultant. I received audit in 2013, and they requested additional information from 2009 to 2011, and when I asked my accountant, she became defensive and tell me she deleted my documents. SARS old me to pay back around 75000, and we agreed on compromised. I payed 35000, but now I want her to pay the 10% I have been paying her for service and I request an advise to know if there is anything I can do to help others to stop her what she is doing. She is still doing it and iam afraid people will loose their assets in future due to this mislead. Where can I go for help?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
23 February 2016 at 15:27

You can report her to SARS and they will look into revoking her practitioner license.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.