Amending your tax return after submission

Janine says:
4 November 2015 at 15:10

I'm a first time tax payer. I only completed my tax return for the first time this year. I used e-Filing and already submitted my tax return, and received the assessment. I realised that I had to add my Medical Aid tax certificate (My company is not paying for my medical aid, it comes from my pocket). What should I do now, seeing that I already filed my tax return? How am I going to fix this?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
4 November 2015 at 20:37

You need to go back to SARS eFiling and click REQUEST CORRECTION under the tax return and then you can refile with the corrected information.

Do your Tax Return in 20 minutes or less!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.