Do your Tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  More info   T&C's apply

What is an ITA34 form and where do I get it for credit card applications at a bank?

Hi Tim I applied for a credit card at a certain bank and they want me to submit an ITA34 form because I do not have a payslip as I am self-employed. Please explain this form to me and where best I can obtain it? Thanks

TaxTim TaxTim says:
19 April 2022 at 22:45

An ITA34 is a form SARS issues after you submit your annual individual income tax return (ITR12). It shows the income you declared on the return and the expenses you incurred during the tax year while you were generating your self employed income. 43 An ITA34 is a summary of your assessment for the tax year. After submitting your tax return, SARS sends you a summary of your submission. You need to have a look at it and see if you agree, if not then you can dispute the assessment with SARS. If it does not say that you are audited, and you are happy with the result, then you do not need to take any further action after receiving it. This form can be obtained from your eFiling profile. If you click on the "returns tab" at the top then on the left-hand side click "SARS Correspondence" then click "Request Historic Notices" You can request an ITA34 there. The bank wants to see that you are a compliant taxpayer.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.