Tax returns for 2007 needed

Rassie says:
3 September 2015 at 9:31

My tax have been submitted 13/8/2015 and they asked to supply a logbook which I did. My tax for 2014 was not done and have submitted those aswell. My 2015 tax was not being audited but my 2014 is under audit. When I log onto SARS eFiling it says my penalties are R500. I have called them now and they said ny penalties are R1500. And I have to submit my 2007 tax returns. I do not have any of those documents anymore as its 8 years back. How can I go about the difference in penalties fee's and submit tax that I do not have any details for? Please advise

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
3 September 2015 at 10:08

You need to then submit a nil tax return for 2007, did you earn income and work during that tax year?

Rassie says:
3 September 2015 at 10:26

Yes I was employed, but the bussiness closed down, and I do not have any of those documents.

Should I submit as nill?

TaxTim TaxTim says:
3 September 2015 at 12:23

If you are unaware of the details then submit a nil, however go on SARS eFiling first and see if the IRP5 is preloaded? You will need to go to a police station and swear an affidavit stating you cannot get the old IRP5 and submit that to SARS if they ask.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.