Do your tax with TaxTim and WIN R10,000  T&C's apply
How do you currently do your tax?
SARS eFiling Tax Practitioner Auto-assessment New to tax

Reimbursive travel

ConcernedTaxPayer says:
12 February 2016 at 12:55

For the 2015 year of assessment, my employer re-reimbursed me for travel. They paid me at the official SARS rate of R3. 30 per km, I traveled 6,691. 52 kms, it is thus my understanding that because this is less than the maximum allowed by SARS of 8,000km, this amount falls under non-taxable income and should be allocated to the code 3703. My employer allocated this to code 3702 on my IRP5. I corrected this on my tax return, yet SARS are of the opinion that this amount should fall under taxable income. I submitted all my supporting documentation to SARS. Any advice, comments would be much appreciated, I am not sure how to resolve this with SARS.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
12 February 2016 at 14:49

Your employer needs to correct this and resubmit the IRP5 otherwise SARS will not accept this unfortunately.

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.