Re-reimbursement for company travel?

Hi for the first time I am confused, I own my own car and last financial year I did about 18200 business km and 8100 private km my company refunds business travel at 2 rand a km I keep a log book but not receipts for fuel and repairs is there anything I can claim for?

This entry was posted in Tax Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
27 May 2013 at 17:22

Do you receive a travel allowance or just the reimbursed amount?

Refunded costs says:
27 May 2013 at 17:42

Just a reimbursement

TaxTim TaxTim says:
28 May 2013 at 11:35

Unfortunately your company reimburses you way below the SARS and AA rates for mileage traveled. On your payslip do you have source codes 3702 and 3703?

Refunded costs says:
28 May 2013 at 13:06

I have no source codes only thing stated is a mileage re-reimbursement.

TaxTim TaxTim says:
29 May 2013 at 14:27

Unfortunately then you won't be able to claim against this reimbursement. You may be able to claim some wear and tear on your car that you use, but SARS would require some evidence of this and how you calculated the amount. Your company needs to reimburse you at the SARS rate - inform them of this as you are losing out.

Submit your tax return right here!

TaxTim will help you:

 Do Your Tax Return Easily
 Avoid penalties
 Maximise your refund

Tim uses your answers to complete your income tax return instantly and professionally, with everything filled in in the right place.

Let Tim submit your tax return direct to SARS in just a few clicks!

Get started

Blog Categories

Ask TaxTim

Got a question you want answered about tax?

Visit our helpdesk →

Get SARS Tax Deadlines in your Inbox
We'll tell you when you need to file, along with tax tips and updates.